autocad 2007 ... 3dsout missing

kippu

okay ... this seems weird ... was working with autocad 2007 and it seems the 3dsout has been made oboselete and so we cannot export in that direction ... we also cannot link it with max as it fails to recognise ... so the only workaround i can do is to save as 2000 dwg and import it into max .... anyone have any other solutions to this ....

No way! 3dsout is by far the cleanest means of exporting models from CAD that I know of... ughh. Sorry, I know I'm no help. It just turns my stomach that we have to pay for debilitating software upgrades from Autodesk. The new backburner in max8 is no different than max7's that I can see, and yet it crashes like never before.

Shaun

er uhmmm.

i have very seldom used 3dsout...

but can you can link adt2007 into max8 can't you???

that would be a shock if not

i would think if the 3dsout got shelved it would be that it was used very little

and there are other options to do the same thing...

now i am going to pace the hallway all night long...

r

I have just upgraded to adt 2007 and also discovered no export to 3ds. it appears that the file format has changed, as viz2005 doesn't recognise files, cant save back to adt 2006 and saving to acad 2004 creates workflow problems. Not happy as this is going to be hard to link to Maxwell render