please help me about animation with moving objects

yogeshwagh

hi to all,

I am working on vray but i have got a problem in my animation when objects are moving. the irr map which i have saved it doesn't calculate after some frames where my objects ae moving. the problem is created for the shadows. i use to save irr map and lightcache everytime and giving path of it, it works with only when the camera moves with the objects.

please help me out to do the settings for the moving objects in vra render

Hey

As I haven't done many animation with moving object I can't help that much

but you can use irmaps I think you need to use qmc as both primary and secondary bounce.

there is a great tutorial on the chaosgroup website.

You need to register with chaosgroup get access.

Then go to the support section

then vray docs

then vray help index

there are a group of tutorials at the bottom of the page including moving object animations

ggood luck

nop, no Irrmap

QMC as primary is needed... U can use the lightcache as secoundary to be a bit faster than QMC only.

Just take care to set Vray::rQMC Sampler like that :

Noise threshold (quality) : 0,001 or 0,002 not more

Adaptative subdivs : 1,0 or 0,9 not less

and keep the rest as default

Keep default parameters for primary bounces too and the Lightcache around that :

Subidivs : 1000 or more

size : 0,01 or 0,005

interp samples : 5

That work fine for me, a little grain will appear but that must be easiest to eliminate than in post prod than a flickering.

Another solution with Photon map and the plugin used to render moving objects >> http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/VRayHelp150beta/tutorials_anim.htm

hi , its great christopher nichols is replying me.:D

thanks for giving me reply and solution. i will check it out with primary engine with qmc , and secondary with lightcache. but if we make multiframe increamental option on with irradiance will it be works or it takes more time?

thanks again,

hi thanks for reply, :D

i am using lightcache with less subdivs. which decrease the render time. if u r using greater than 500 it takes so much time to calculate lightcache.

but i think if we use qmc for primary then the subdiv parameter for lightcache has to be around 500 to 800.

and for more quality just try to increase the subdivs of qmc gi, u can get the more quality but it takes more time to calculate.

thanks for replying again

What do you think about "turn up the quality a lot" ?

can't you share any parameters ?

that would be really appreciate ;)

Sure.. you know that preset called "High - Animation"? That is what it was designed for. Not only does it turn up the min/max settings, but it also increases the Distance threachhold and the GI Blur. This helps with things like animated charaters, and cases like such as when their feet approach the floors. On the other hand, in many cases it is easier to simply use QMC.

hi, thanks for reply,

the solution which u had given , is it works with moving objects using iraadiance as primary engine. hight animtaion parameters take 4 passes to calculate irradiance. My animation is of 450 frames and after every 100th frame my objects are moving , its just like doors are open and i am entering , the same for 200th, 300th, and 400th, frame.

if i use irradiance for primary with high animation will it be works for 100th , 200th ,300th ,400th frame ?

hi thanks for reply,

u mean to say i have to use primary engine to qmc and secondary to lightcache right? will it be works. but if i use lightcache sibdivs around 2000 it takes more time to rencer in my animation, so can u please help to reduce my rendertime with some optimum settings,

hi thanks for reply,

u mean to say i have to use primary engine to qmc and secondary to lightcache right? will it be works. but if i use lightcache sibdivs around 2000 it takes more time to rencer in my animation, so can u please help to reduce my rendertime with some optimum settings,

2000 is way to high.... you only need to do that if you are saving your lightcache, which is this case you are not. You can get away with 500 or so, depending on the res of your animation.

hi , thank you very much for helping me out with the lightcache settings. My animation Frame Size is 1920 X 1020 pixels. So if i put 500 subdivs to lightcache it reduces rendertime but i loose the quality of animation. Thanks again for replying me and helping me.

I have tried with subdiv level to 1200 it works with quality but takes time to render but it is fine with me.

Yogesh Wagh

hi, yeah it works fine , can you please tell me how do i set the settings for QMC which reduces the rendertime. b'cose on 1920 X 1080 Pixels per frame it takes approx 1 hour to render, is it possible b'cose of My QMC Settings .

My settings are

Adaptive Subdivision :- By default settings

Primary Engine :- QMC

Secondary Engine :- Lightcache

Adaptive QMC Settings

Noise Thrshold :- 0.001

Adaptive samples :- 8 instead of 4

GI Subdivs Multiplier :- 8 instead of 1

and min samples :- 1 instead of 0.085

and Minimum samples for QMC :- 8 by default

hi, yeah it works fine , can you please tell me how do i set the settings for QMC which reduces the rendertime. b'cose on 1920 X 1080 Pixels per frame it takes approx 1 hour to render, is it possible b'cose of My QMC Settings .

My settings are

Adaptive Subdivision :- By default settings

Primary Engine :- QMC

Secondary Engine :- Lightcache

Adaptive QMC Settings

Noise Thrshold :- 0.001

Adaptive samples :- 8 instead of 4

GI Subdivs Multiplier :- 8 instead of 1

and min samples :- 1 instead of 0.085

and Minimum samples for QMC :- 8 by default

U can do a general setting on Vray::Genrel Settings (override all materials)

Or just opening the material editor, in reflection and refraction panel of VrayMtl, u can set maxdepth and subivs... This will give u a better control.

• 2 years later...