Whats in the New version of 3dsmax?

visions

I started using max at v7 and was suprised to see some of the tolls i have had in Formz for years were only introduced at a later stage to max.

But you list layers and file manager as a difference in max 5 and amx 8.

what did you do before 7 or 8 then.must have been a nightmare.

phil

I started using max at v7 and was suprised to see some of the tolls i have had in Formz for years were only introduced at a later stage to max.

But you list layers and file manager as a difference in max 5 and amx 8.

what did you do before 7 or 8 then.must have been a nightmare.

phil

..grouping + hidding... yes it was a pain. Altought, I dont really much use my layers too much.. does anyone?

All the time. And, before they were officially introduced, I used this plugin called Onion. Can't live without layers.

BTW, just heard some rumours about the new release. Apparently, there's going to be a 64-bit version AND a 32-bit. Also something about Physical Sun and Sky, but that's still a rumour. I wouldn't take it as real (yet). But, one thing I think is for sure: new compiler, which means all our beloved plugins won't work anymore.

But, one thing I think is for sure: new compiler, which means all our beloved plugins won't work anymore.

Usually most of the plugin manufacturers are very quick to introduce compatible patch for each new release of max. At least the autodesk certified plugins should work immediately I hope.