desktop text is blurred...why?

It's good that you have a graphics card. Your blur isn't showing up as blurred on my monitor. Do you have an LCD monitor? Is it running at lower than its maximum resolution? Half the people I know who have LCDs run them at a lower-than-optimal res, which makes it blurry, because they want their text large, but the real answer is to run the monitor res high and increase the screen font size.

Quick fix. Try another monitor. If it looks the same, try a different cable. If it looks the same, the video card's RFI filters could be damaged.

In which case, if you have a dual output card (DVI-I and HD15) you're in luck. The DVI-I is filterless (the converter handles it). Pick up, or borrow a DVI-I to hd15 connector and try using the DVI-I port.

This is assuming your monitor hertz and resolution is set properly.

Change the Htz rating on your monitor under graphics card settings

Right click desktop go to properties

settings

advanced

monitor

and change that to either the highest it can handle or sometimes i have found monitors work better at a certain rate if its a bit of a lower quality monitor.

Also make sure you do this in steps untill it looks right and always click apply not ok, because if it goes out of frequency you get a little screwed unless ya really know what ya doing

Didnt read the reply up one from me he saying the same thing lol :p