Fprime 3 and Vista

claudioarchi

Hello there guys, it's been a long time but i'm back now. I just got fprime 3 and lw 9.2 all this on Vista (ultimate) with nvidia gforce go 7600 on my toshiba laptop. But when i'm trying to render with it the graphic driver just stop working and lw freezes. Does anybody encounter this problems before.

thanks

see ya

it could be a driver issue as most hardware vendors are not fully vista ready.

vista is really nice.it has a coll interface and sharp looking graphics but for the cg industry, i think, its a waste on system resources especially on graphic memory and ram.

try installing on a xp machine and try renderng. if it doesnt crash, then probably vista screwed up the system.

as for the moment, im sticking to xp pro.

good luck!

Vista does seem to be causing a lot of people trouble but this was posted on the Newtek forum recently by a LW user:

"Vista works perfectly on both my machines, even my old box which is an Athlon64 3200+ with 2Gb RAM and an AGP 7800GS graphics card.

What I do is: Disable UAC, disable the SuperFetch service and disable the incremental shadow copy backups. No more Vista HD grinding. After that I have had absolutely no problems.........

All my software runs perfectly and I've not had a single crash or BSOD."

Hope that helps.

Hey thanks guys i guess i should stick to xp but i have this machine now. IC the information you gave me seems usefull but for me its a language that i don't speak I'm just a lasy architect. Can you explain me in detail what is this about.

Thank you

see ya