Vray setup

Ghan

Oi,

Currently i'm using Brail for a render engine but i would like to be able to render in Vray as well. Now i've been messing about for ages on the settings in Vray but just can't seem to get them right!

I followed the tutorial on vrayelite.com to the letter but then the render takes 5 hours on my Dual Core Xeon machine!

Is there anyone who can tell me exact the setup i need to use for interior renderings?

Thnx

Ghan

http://www.alles3d.nl

Lots of people are about to tell you that there are no exact settings and that you need to work through some tutorials (of which there are plenty), search the site to find what you're looking for and join the chaosgroup forums and start asking more specific questions, perhaps provide some examples of your work and current settings to work from.... and so on.

And they're right :D

Unfortunately those are both for an older version of Vray.

There must be some standard settings or maybe someone is willing to send me a preset.

I use 3ds Max 9 and Vray Adv 1.5

No matter how much tuts i read or how much i experiment, i just can't seem to get it! It's frustrating! But i guess you all been there :D

Greetz

Ghan

http://www.alles3d.nl

Well, Frans... I know Brazil a bit and have to tell you these renders are really far from realistic. Brazil is a great engine, used by some major studios and capable of great results, but no matter how much you mess with the settings, the concept behind lighting a scene is much more complex than a preset (either using Brazil, VRay or whichever engine you like). If I were you, I'd look for some theory on lighting before changing my soft.

About learning VRay, one thing that sounds weird but worked really well for me was reading the manual. If you read it carefully, you'll understand each and every setting. And, besides learning how to make your renderings faster, you'll understand that no matter how well we know a software, in the end it's our sensibility that makes a good image. ;)