Song of "Uniform / UK" animation

da_chris

Are you asking where to get the track or the rights to use the track?

I found it on urge.com it's a music service kind of like napster, for 10 bucks a month you can download or stream any music you want, or for 15 (USD) you get it drm free to put on a portable... l love it, never run out of stuff to listen to, anyways I found it on there.... and they do have the option to buy tracks as well (99cents).

But as for the whole legal side of it, I know you can't just download it stick it in an animation and distribute it freely, I'm assuming You'd still have to deal with the recording companies on that one.

• Administrators

For track usage in a commercial animation you would need to license the track. I was asking some of the guys at Mundos Digitales about this and was told the cost ranges from $7-30K+ per track depending on usage and the artist.

• Administrators
*From* $7K?

Blimey!

I reckon we're in the wrong business!

Cheers,

D.

Just a different licensing model. Photographers and stock photos work the same way. Licensing on usage. Go to an stock photo site sometime and see how much it costs to use a single image for unlimited use...$7K would be a bargain.

We used a song by Kenny Rogers in a dvd graphics presentation. The dvd was distributed to a client in an interview process. We contacted the record company and basically they said that it was not being used for commercial purposes and it was alright to use it. We assumed since we were using the song to try and land a job it was commercial use but they gave us permission.

My two cents.

Griffin

We looked into licensing music for a dvd we did awhile back, and another approach you can take is have someone else record the track (especially if it's instrumental only) and then you have to pay a fraction of the licensing fees. Becuase it's not the original track, you don't have to pay as much.

We used a song by Kenny Rogers in a dvd graphics presentation. The dvd was distributed to a client in an interview process. We contacted the record company and basically they said that it was not being used for commercial purposes and it was alright to use it. We assumed since we were using the song to try and land a job it was commercial use but they gave us permission.

My two cents.

Griffin

I’m imagining a fly-through set to Ruby Don’t Take Your Love To Town, and I’m liking it.