how can i collect rendered jpg 3ds max photos

karimoo

i rendered 500 sequene frams with vray ( width=1536 / height=1167)

how can i collect this frams for creating my animtion movie with high quality and little size

becaus i do that with 3ds max ram player and save it avi or mov but i get high quality but very big size

I would suggest saving the original renders as targa or tiff files though. Jpeg is a lossy compressed frame to begin with. When you encode that further into some compressed format again, there will be re-compression degrading the quality very much. One other thing that i can add is that for purposes of viewing within a group of people where codecs will not be an issue, i have found the Xvid codec to give extremely good results for the filesize it creates. Divx will be smaller in size, but not that sharp. But it's pretty good too. You have to check out these formats to draw your own conclusions. Both codecs are available free on the net.

hth.

rnx

Jpeg is a lossy compressed frame to begin with. When you encode that further into some compressed format again, there will be re-compression degrading the quality very much.

not only that, it will cause the file size of the video to be larger in the end. ...or at least larger when compared to the same settings used with a sequence that used a lossless image format from the beginning.

A $30 solution for great quality animations is Quicktime Pro. You can load image sequences and save your videos out with H.264 codec mov, or mp4 files. It also saves avi format. This is what I use when I don't have access to Adobe After Effects (what I typically use).