Keyframes Stopped Working!!

Mike T

Does anyone have any ideas of why I can't creat keyframes for a animation I'm working on?

I have been moving cars and people in my scenes for years to get motion blur and suddenly, it just stopped working. I'm using Max 9, using Auto Key and the slider to creat movement.

Any ideas? I'm guessing that maybe i hit a hotkey and turned keyframe creations off. Just a guess.

I've tried manually setting the keys but no luck.

I'm guessing it's a bug, so I might just have to reinstall Max. We are still using Max 9, not 2009 which we have. But that's a whole different issue of problems.

I gave up trying until today because I a forced to find the answer. The animation layer was disabled. I'm sure it was a hotkey mistake.

Just to let anyone who has had this problem know, make sure your animation layer is enabled. You can access it by right clicking over your toolbars and checking animation layers. Then clicking the "Enable anime Layers" button. Too simple. I thought i was going crazy.

Thanks

What should be ticked in here as I am having serious problems with trying to offset an image in a material. i am using set key cos auto isn't working. It seems to do it at first then when I go to render the whole lot just crashes no recover or anything

Any ideas anyone?

Crashing is another subject 1 hundred problems deep.

1st, I'd check your file size, which can tell you how much ram you're using to render with.

Then check to see if all of your materials are compatible and that your maps are linked. If you have cars in your scene and one of them is incapatible. Crash. Also, if you have displacement in your scenes, sometimes that can make it crash. Basically, i would have to know the nature of your scene in order to help you. Give me a little background.

Thanks

It's nothing to do with faces or file size only 14000 faces. I just had a look at another file where i did the same thing in 2008 and it animates the material no problem. I tried to set the key and still nothing. I'm missing something crucial to do with animating materials.

How I create my views are with an animated camera for each view and then just render the frames. I am using a hdri map as an environment map to get reflections in glass but because of the tiling and using spherical environment in some frames you get a black mark where the map meets. Therefore what I usually do is just animate the hdri map in material by offsetting it say .3 or whatever looks okay. this makes the up/down keys turn red to say its animated but nothing happens in the 2009 scene. I tried enable anime layer and turn material on in filters still no joy. no displacement either although I have started using Mental rays pro materials in this scene maybe thats it?

Thanks