Problems with 3ds 2009 design

Jtrudeau

are you rendering through the network?

I'm not rendering through a network. Just an average Dell machine.

It look like a DBR bucket problem involving coplanar geometry. Make sure there is no coplanar geometry, and that all paths are UNC mapped to textures on a network, or that the textures are sent with the bucket.

Homeless guy- I'm not familiar with what your talking about. so if you could explain further it ould help a lot.

I have rendered many images on my laptop at home in Max 9 and never had this problem so I am suspicious it might be my machine but still doubt it.

Thanks all.

I tried a different material for the Water (Arch +Design) and got the same results. It only seems to effect the transparency of the top of the water. I'm starting to think its a hardware issue. PLease help, this is driving me crazy!! There's an attachment of the results with the Different material.

- Justin

Why not (zip) attach your file so we can have a look? You shouldn't have any problems with Pro Water Material and the answer may be as simple as making sure you have the most up to date drivers for your graphics card. Pro water works really well if the depth of your water varies and you have caustics enabled. I've attached a file that uses Pro Water that may be of some assistance.

Edited by Argyll