ROUNDING CORNERS with Vray Material

3dwannab

I've swapped like many others from mental ray to vray and one thing missing is the round corners form the materials, is there as way to do this in vray using materials.

I do t want any added geometry as it leads to editing problems later on and PLUS it increases polygon count.

Thanks how do you use it looked else where on these on a different topic but stumbled across it, tried Vrayedgetex with real world units but no avail.

Maybe its my units setup:

Use as display units: mm

System units: mm

I use AutoCAD at mm's so that's why I have it like that.

Can you screen shot it for me please.

There was something called "f-edge" that did exactly what the mr bump does -it too was a map type dropped in the bump slot and looked great unless you needed to get close. I'm surprised it took so long for this function to resurface.

There was something called "f-edge" that did exactly what the mr bump does -it too was a map type dropped in the bump slot and looked great unless you needed to get close. I'm surprised it took so long for this function to resurface.
Mmmmh f-edge where's that located?

The only real tricks to it are:

A) that it has to be placed in the bump slot

B) the world units can be a bit off, so experimentation is necessary

Tried that but to no avail, What AM I doing wrong!! :confused: this is important as you know yourselves how important it is to cha/round edges to allow the light to bounce of the object correctly, and I'm really hesitant to add additional geometry, because modifying it later wood be a slight pain, well for me it would. ha

Pity there wasn't a global setting to change it in the render dialog, you know to take the hassle out of for example chamfering any less than 5mm, and the rest you could do manually, but having said that its a natural stone material I'm doing and they have a round chamfer of bout 20-25mm maybe more.