MEMORY LEAKAGE

STRAT

There appears to be a serious problem in the new R8.5 update, which, as yet, Maxon haven't acknowledge.
Thanks...I think

I am used to rendering from LS with the 'taskman' active and minimized so I can check RAM usage as things go along.

I haven't done much with C4D recently, but I am running 8.5 so I will try an animation out of it and see what happens.

We have been using the Renderking Farm for the last 3 months and since upgrading to 8.5 have noticed a build up of memory usage on some larger files. It has only been a problem when we render on PC machines. I have not noticed anything on our Mac's.

It may have something to do with the use of Virtual Ram and it has been noticed by Dann at Renderking (Render Farm), he told us that

"it seems when rendering long ranges of frames - each client does build up the VM - but only as the one job is going... this is why you might see me bump a job up and down every now and then to help clear the VM on the long running jobs. (either big memory use or long frame count) to help counteract the VM leak."

So perhaps stopping C4D Quitting out and restarting every now and again may help the system refresh the Virtual Ram.

Hope this helps

Lee David

• 2 weeks later...