E-On Ozone

Has anyone tried the new Ozone system by E-On software? I'm playing with the demo right now with mixed results. Just curious what other people's experience is with this product.

Also, Paul Everette just released Sniper Pro - a high speed preview system. Deffinately check it out.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been using Vue d' Esprit 4 and Mover 4 for a year now, and it creates great atmospheres and is easy to learn and use. The problem I've been having is that it can't handle high polygon counts above the million + level, and it has been crashing alot. That's why we're moving to C4D. We are planning to buy the Ozone plugin for atmospheres since we won't be relying on it extensively. I understand that Vue 4 is more stable on the PC platform.

What mixed results are you referring to. maybe I can help. I would also be interested in knowing if Ozone has been stable for you.

I have also been in contact with tech support....not an easy thing to do when you have the demo.

I like to place my cameras within nulls - usually gouped in nulls too. In other words my cameras are not at the root level of the scene.

Ozone doesnt like this. It took me three weeks of my trial period to figure out that the backdrop was aligning to the co-ordinates of the null rather than the camera itself. Yes, the camera had the Ozone camera tag. In my case it threw the alignment off by 176 degrees.

I sent pics to the tech support and they couldnt figure it out. Once I figured out what was happening I notified them, but I havent heard back.

I'm still very interested in purchasing the software, but I sure hope they fix this bug.

its for PC.

for some reason the software says it installs correctly in C4D, but then it searches for a Lightwave product code. if i enter the serial numbers given to me by e-on the program says they are invalid.

looking in their tech support pages there was someone else that had the same problem, but he was able to reinstall the software and it worked for him. this does not work for me.

OK, I'm quite pleased with the demo of Ozone and I am anxious to purchase it but I have one further question.

The answer may be available on the E-On site, I really havent looked. Has anyone used this software with C4D Net? Will we require a license for every render box?