Room Radiosity testing pics.

minus

Heyas.... I'm not into architecture modeling.. infact...this is the very first time I've ever even modeled a room. :) I set this up mainly to test out some of Lightwaves radiosity settings. I may do more with the image sometime... but untill then:

3H2BEAA.jpg

Also... you'll find a much larger version of this pic... with slightly different surfaces:

Here, Direct link.

Thanks for the comments guys.

The render time on the smaller image here was longer than it needed to be. -- It rendered for 3 hours. This is using *enhanced* AA set on medium. This means that it re-rendered the entire scene for each pass instead of doing an adaptive sample across the pic. -- Enhanced AA on Medium equals 9 passes. Rays for all you LW'ers was set too 10X33 and the bounces were set to 2 bounces.

The system was a Dual 1900 AMD system with 512MB ram. So uhh.. yea it took some time but it could be faster and I wasn't doing anything with the machine anyway. I think this first attempt at room modeling was fun and I'm going to make a few more. I'll post em if they turn out alright. :)

Sorry.. I don't really want to give up my plastikman model... :) You can find images of him though of course on the internet and I would recommend that you give it a go to try and model him.