DWF baked texture importing Autodesk Design Review

hockley91

I have texture baked some materials onto a multistory 3D model. They look great in 3DS Max. The materials are coming over into the Design Review program, but their resolution is greatly reduced. So much that they look incredibly blurred. You can not make out any decent textures on the model.

I have read about "real world" texture coordinates and I have tried to work with those settings, but nothing changed.

Anyone have any experience with this?

I've attached images of how it looks in 3DS Max and Design Review. I did not import the whole model into Design Review that is why some model elements are missing.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Adam,

Did you ever have any luck with this? I can't believe it's 2011 and there is still not a simple application that would allow one to bake materials and lighting, create a stand-alone file (.exe), and allow the user/client to simply orbit around the design. Let me know if you've any success with Baked Materials Autodesk Design Review.

Thanks,

Tom

Yes...I've had great success with it actually! I had to make my textures a maximum size of around 2000 pixels. Above that it was automatically reducing the quality of the textures drastically.

I uploaded my results to our office Youtube page. Here's a link. I was also able to export it into Navisworks and the Unity game engine.

Now, the problem I am having is the massive polygon counts from the Revit model.

The video was done in real time, so there are some waiting times for the model to load up.