What are you listening to right now?

CAD

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

--> Grant Lee Phillips - Virginia Creeper: a good dose of mightly mythic americana... great music for a road trip.

--> Kula Shaker - Peasants, Pigs, & Astronauts: just got into this band (whom are already broken up) as another addition to my massive collection of obscure Brit-rock... kinda a psychedelia/Beatles-like sound.

--> Doves - The Last Broadcast: just fantastic, epic Brit-rock.

--> Belle & Sebastian - Dear Catastrophe Waitress: gorgeous, delicate melodies... actually, their entire catalog is in rotation here at our studios, especially 'Tigermilk'.

--> Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot: just a great album....

We're also spinning:

REM (this is REQUIRED as we are located in Athens, Georgia -- still home to Michael Stipe), Beck, Johnny Cash, Love Tractor, The Shins, Richard Ashcroft, Mansun, Grant Lee Buffalo, Dave Gahan, etc, etc....

Wow, a Belle and Sebastian fan!!! :)

Tigermilk is one of the most underrated albums of the last few years.

Yes -- we love 'em here! Actually saw them perform live at the famed 40Watt Club here in Athens several years ago on the tour supporting 'The Boy with the Arab Strap'. Great live performance. Got into them back when I was working for an interpretive design firm -- the design director there was always playing Tigermilk during our 'all nighters' prior to drawing sets going out....

Gonna check out your recommendation on Snow Patrol too... will let you know what I think!

I just saw Belle & Sebastian at the Coachella festival about a month ago & they were awesome.

If you guys haven't already, you need to check out KEXP.ORG It is by far one of the better internet radio stations out there. Its a publicly owned radio station in Seattle and they can pretty much play whatever they want. They also have archived music you can listen to for different dj's and different shows etc. Its a wonderful thing!

as long as i am plugging various websites, i might as well throw in my favorite radio station, http://www.kexp.org , out of seattle. they are an independent radio station that is not affiliated with NPR or PRI. i have my comp hooked up to my stereo, so i stream them in a lot while i am working.

Oops! Looks like CHG beat me to it a loooong time ago!

• 2 weeks later...

yep Think it was on Murder Ballads.

I heard Modest Mouse for the first time the other day. Really liked it but I can't find anything by them over here.

I'll buy Good News on Amazon when it's released in a couple of weeks.

Currently listening to Muse-Absolution.

never heard of Modest mouse? whats their sound?

Listening to some Atmosphere songs now.... I gotta ask you guys (especially all you from the USA), are they big over there? Theyre almost unknown here in sweden, I just cant figure out why... I mean, their singer is easily one of the most talented rap-lyric-writers Ive heard (and its nice to get away from the standard boring gangsta blingbling rap-songs), and many of their songs kicks the sh*t out of all eminems singles.

I got the album "Lucy Ford: the Atmosphere EPs" and its greeaat!

yep Think it was on Murder Ballads.

I heard Modest Mouse for the first time the other day. Really liked it but I can't find anything by them over here.

I'll buy Good News on Amazon when it's released in a couple of weeks.

I'd go for one of their older albums - much better than what i've heard of the new one in my opinion.

Modest Mouse has been in the player since the day i bought it. It really grows on you as you listen to it more, you hear lyrics that you did not hear the first few times. I really like working to it, it has a good pace, slow stuff makes it hard to keep from staring at the back of the old eyelids.

Modest Mouse-'Good news for people who love bad news'

Impressive stuff. Don't know why they're not known over here.

Also listening to 'Uh huh her' a lot-PJ Harvey.

Title always makes me think of 'The man with two brains'