SCRIPTS @ TDP.NU

TDP

logotype.gif

This is just a reminder for those of you that dont know about TDP.NU already that we are the fastest growing MAXScript Database! (well maybe the most up2date atleast)

Welcome for a visit.

ps:

Dont´t forget to sign up for the TDP_NeWz letter while your at it.TDP_NeWz

Scripts@tdp.nu

/TDP

[ June 04, 2002, 03:19 AM: Message edited by: TDP ]

Hi quizzy,

I do indeed. Some are really big, some very small ones. I can't share the huge ones because these are corporate secrets, but maybe I can give away some tricks or smaller things that will help you out.

Some of the first things I did in max is to create a whole interface, with lots of buttons so that I do not have to change between the create and the modifier panel. That way there is not really a difference between shapes and objects too. It's all handy since I have only one thing in mind: reduce the amount of steps to do something.

This regards to anything. I call it the lazy attitude, but it works superb.

Maybe I'll give you an example. Since I model a lot in sub-object mode, I got very frustrated in adding a mesh, clicking sub-object mode, selecting the right sub-object-mode and so on... You nearly had to click three times to get to the right sub-object mode. This is much better in max4, but with a simple script you do it in one click. Okay, you save only two clicks, true... but you'll save a lot if you do this hundreds of times a day ;) And it saves a lot on mouse-miles too!

I think this is one extent of my old autocad days, where I used to have lots of shortcuts to do almost anything. I could stay in one place with the cursor without having to move all the time. I so straightforward and easy, especially if you upgrade to a new version. I used the same codes since autocad r10 till 2000, whereas most others users had to learn new icons every main update. (I really had a good laugh!)

So in the end, you don't know these steps or clicks anymore: you just do the job.

These clicks get trully transparant, just like you draw anything with a pencil without realizing how to hold it, how to add pressure etc.

So that's why I encourage everyone to use scripts. So once again - to everyone on this board - what are the most frustrating cycles you'll have to go through everyday?

What things would you really like to do in one click?

rgds

nisus

This is excactly my way of doing scripts, less mouse clicks, and more shortcuts. But I do most of the modelling in Autocad (polylines) and extrude them in MAX.

But like you said: if there is anyone here who would like to see a script in here, or is wondering how to write one, please feel free to ask.