roof tile mapping

I am trying to figure out how to apply uvmapping to roof for the correct placement of roof tiles on a house

I think it can be done as i have put primative pyrimid in my scene and the mapping is good but i cant seem to get same resault with dxf modle any ideas as to how to achive this

Ihave attached a image to give clear explanation

my_web_page_000001.htm

I think what you are refering to is polygon selection. Individual or groups of polygons can be selected and mapped independently through polygon selections. I'm not sure of the page in the manual, but there is quite a simple description. Select the polygon(s), Selection Menu>>Set Selection and then restrict the material to the selection.

My preference in this situation would be to create 4 selections (possibly North, South, East, West) and map each selection with a flat mapping of the chosen material.

Hope that helps.

Well i think that there must be easyer way with uv mapping but i might be wrong , the way i am thinking is that there must be someway of applying uvmapping and it will work winth one material tag and selection but either i am wrong or i just cant figure out how to do it , as i have tried reading manual and try what it suggests but had no luck

If you are using nurbs you will have to select a mapping method.

If you have polygons for the different roof planes, then you have to select the polys, select the mapping method, then with the texture selected, choose Texture > Generate UVW Coordinates (from the object browser menu).

Use the texture tool to view your mapping.