Rendering Output Size Question

ctk111

When rendering a view, how do you adjust for the level of distortion created depending on the output size? Specifically, how do I maintain an accurate representation of my measurements while creating custom rendering outputs? Is there a particular ratio to follow besides the standard outputs given?

Thanks

you want to take the output size .....well i usually print it in 200 ppi ....some people print it out in 300 ppi ....in max 6 theres a print size wizard which you can use to calculate the number of pixels for the size you want to print

Thanks for responding. Sorry if I confused you it's just a little hard to explain.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you render the same model at 512x486 and then again at 720X486 you are going to get a different look from each rendering. If you set them side by side all objects in the 512X486 image will appear more narrow than the objects in the 720x486 render. I'd like to know which output ratio best represents an accurate depiction of what is being modeled.

Thanks

No, there will be no distortion of your objects. Just think of it as a window. By increasing your window from 512x486 to 720x486 you will just see more because your window will be wider. But if you want to create a larger image. Lock the aspect ratio and increase your width or height to the desired dimension.

Hope that helps.