Car Paint

I converted a Skyline from NFSU but i need a tutorial on how to create a car paint material. And if someone knows how to increase my poly's to give a more smooth appearence. All my bodyparts are already editable so i can't change the number of polys from the Attributes Manager.

Hope i make sense

Thx to anyone who's willing to give me some tips or a tutorial :)

Make sure the car is in a null and then drop it into a Hyper Nurbs - presto more polys. The Hyper Nurbs sub divisions are adjustable in the attributes.

I have a slick auto paint material I was working on a few weeks ago. Still in the early stages, but I'll post it a little later when I'm on the work station.

I converted a Skyline from NFSU but i need a tutorial on how to create a car paint material.

For auto paint you need to use the Bhodi NUT shaders. Attached is a grouping of car paints that I have used. I continually modify them to fit the scene. The Danel shader has 3 levels of specularity which gives you the depth you see in car paints.

:D Thx a lot man. Us all have been of great help.

"Make sure the car is in a null and then drop it into a Hyper Nurbs - presto more polys. The Hyper Nurbs sub divisions are adjustable in the attributes."

Frosty i have tried that but it seems like the parts are not connected together. It creates strange holes in the body. When i swich to points view there are two points where it supposed to be one, that creates the hole in the body.

Oh nevermind...i fixed it.

Ill post a link to my render when my new conversion of 350Z is done :D

Thx again to all that helped me:)

350Z Nice choice!

I just bought a 2004 350Z Roadster for myself. I must say the 287 hp and over 300 lbs. of tork are nice. :D

I'll have to start putting the Z in all my exteriors. ;)

Here's the color scheme I got. I'll have to develop the paint and interior textures.

sheez m8, you must be charging allot higher fees than i am!!! :eek:

They're not that expensive. I am impressed with how Nissan has put so much into the car and kept the price down.

Two Honda Civics or one 350Z I chose the Z.

This is my ILOB car. (In Lieu Of Baby). ;)

Thanks for the material links. I still like the Bhodi Nut Danel shader best because of the multi specular option. I use car paints for my architectural scenes, so I never get really close up to them and the Danel shader looks great in sunlight.

They're not that expensive.

This is my ILOB car. (In Lieu Of Baby). ;)

well i beg to differ on that price issue. i can bearly afford to keep my crappy 10 year old VW Golf, let alone the insurance cost.

ILOB - hehehe, fair enough dude, cant argue against that. 1000 times cheaper than a baby too. perhaps i should speak to my gf about this idea too :)

well i beg to differ on that price issue. i can bearly afford to keep my crappy 10 year old VW Golf, let alone the insurance cost.

I've been driving a crappy sentra for the last 6 years and I had some expensive repairs ahead, so I decided to um upgrade a bit. I've been drooling over this car for 2 years now and my wife had a moment of weakness. So I pounced. :D