Animated Fly thrus + that uk ferry ad ?

Guest zaphod

Guest zaphod

I was wondering about the standers of animated fly thrus + are there any new exampels of ways of doing these that have caught your eye.

I'v looked on the web and only realy found one

( http://www.siliconimage.be/ )

Also and on the same note dose anyone know who did that UK ferry advert, where you see the ship being built as you fly thru it..

Tnx Zaphod,

This animation is made by some friends of ours.

Unfortunately, I don't like it at all. After seeing the short, I don't really know what I've seen. I remember a yellow guy and an elevator, but I have not a clue on how the interior looks like or whatsoever. Nor do I need to see several shots of the front facade, all showing the same...

Of course architectural visualisation is not silicon's main business (anymore, as the two founders were graduated interior designers finding their way to commercials and webdesign).

Having said that, you might want to check some trailers of our firm as we don't do anything but architectural visualisation. Of course these are just teasers that won't show you the whole project, nor any detail, but it can be a start for you to learn from.

check our animations at: http://www.ams.be/eng/projecten.html

next click on "animations"

(srry I can't link directly to it, but hey... we're getting rid of the frames in our next update!)

rgds

nisus

Guest zaphod

thanks for that Link. N.

Just what I was looking for :)

Na I was very aware that its not their main bags.

Just knew that site (rocks).

thanks for your time N biggrin2.gif

Guest zaphod

Just a quicky Nisus whats the average cost of one of these. Eg If I was a client and building a new shopping center, whats the ball park??

Hi Zaphod,

I'm not sure what product you're asking a price for. Do you want a few stills? Or an animation? If you mean the latter, it's impossible to rate price/quality as you haven't seen our full films yet because you cannot find those online.

If you meant stills, it depends on timing: for fast delivery/urgent deadline we charge per hour, otherwise we set a fixed price. Prices depend on complexity and delivered product of course.

For a reference on stills - http://www.cgarchitect.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=000034 -

both images at 1250€ each - delivered in three days (preferable one week of course!).

rgds

nisus

[ July 29, 2002, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: nisus ]