scale issues when importing from archicad

hi guys !

well, I got my G5 now and school is going to start again (architecture school) and I thought i would be a good time to get back into cg. Last time i did cg was on my PC back in sept 2003 (then i got into my RC car racing stuff) and now i am back.

I am in need for places to look for software to get my work done. So far i have archicad which i like for architectural model and CD's, i guess C4D is pretty good compared to 3ds max that is what I was used to on the PC, so I am playing with the demo once again to see if I am going to buy it.

when i import from archicad, I notice that the model is tiny, if I create anything else from within C4D it is 400m x 400m X 400m. I was wondering if there is a way to prevent this from happening. I think it is very hard to model to scale in C4D isn't it?

thanks !

If you are working in metric then I think you need to scale by 100, I am not sure about the scaling for feet and inches.

Select all the objects, group, in the co-ordinate pallet change the scale to 100,100,100,

If you are going to add any elements later from archicad, try to scale the objects around 0,0,0, that is move the origin of the null object to 0,0,0 before scaling. That way any additional imports (scaled the same way) will drop into the correct place on the model.

is there a way to make C4D object not appear to large when created? for instance have a cube be 1ft x 1ft x 1ft instead of 500ft x 500ft x 500ft ?

Not that I've found. I've tried but there seems to be no way to change that.

PS. Good to see you back Cesar. It's been a while.

Not that I've found. I've tried but there seems to be no way to change that.

PS. Good to see you back Cesar. It's been a while.

I know, good to see you too. BTW, do you know of anything like Autodesk inventor for the Mac?