UDK - Unreal Development Kit

denic

UDK is very powerful engine, free and easy to use and I see that there is no topics on this subject.

As far as I know, after creating/importing object geometry, it automatically generate GI and AO and bake it all to textures. At the end it export it all and creates only one presentation *.exe file...

I found some cool amateur samples of architectural visualisations:

Villa Savoye- Le Corbusier

You can download this demo file here

And this one ... building of Faculty of Electronics:

Some more professional work:

I'm planing to start experimenting with this 3D engine and I would like to hear your experiences with workflow and possibilities.

• 1 month later...

Unreal is our RT engine for architectural visual design communication and has been for over 12 years. We routinely push 50+ million textured poly environments.... we try out every engine as it comes available, but have stuck with Unreal as nothing else comes close to handling the large environments.

Dynamic day/night lighting....

Volumetric f/x.....

Speedtrees™....

Physics...

Destructable....

Almost unlimited scripting...

SQL objects for sort query reporting....

People....

Flash UI .....

Client Server multi-user....

etc.,,,,,,,,

Sorry no samples..... I will post some images of the latest version of the Cowboys model in Unreal 3 being used for Super Bowl site layout design.... (but with out showing any juicy details being planned).

We are an entirely in-house resource so our cost of services is blended in under our standard design services... so transparent to the client just like electricity or toilet paper :).

Our actual client is really our various architect designers and the Unreal real-time app is used to facilitate a better communication of thier designs to the client.

As to how often this is used... we have built special tools to streamline the input of Sketchup and Revit models into MAX and automated the input into Unreal, so it is utilized quite a bit in-house.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...