nvidia Quadro FX3700 vs. Geforce 310

I've got the quadro in my current computer and I'm replacing the computer with a totally new one, but the new one has a Geforce 310 in it. I'm trying to decide whether I should keep the 310 in right now, or if I should replace it with the Quadro. Any advice?

In terms of what I use it for, I primarily use SketchUp with a bit of 3ds Max and AutoCAD thrown in occasionally. I also use After Effects and Premiere from time to time. And a good deal of Photoshop.

I understand that based on my Autodesk use I could go with the Quadro simply for the performance drivers but I'm not sure if perhaps there's something with the 310, being a much newer card, that might outweigh the fairly small gain of the performance drivers.

-Brodie

I've had a difficult time finding comparable specs between the two. One thing I noticed was that the quadro supports OpenGL 2.1 whereas the Geforce 310 supports 3.1. Any idea what difference that might make for viewports? I think 3ds max uses OpenGL by default if I'm not mistaken and I know that SketchUp does.

-Brodie

The last few Max versions use Direct3D by default and the performance drivers use Direct3D, and the 3700 supports Direct3D 10, so it will be fine. Sketchup uses OpenGL but I bet OpenGL 2.1 is fine. Go ahead and test it but I can't imagine a Geforce 310 outperforms an FX3700 in either of those apps.