ICC Loader?

braddewald

I have been having an occasional problem where my ICC monitor profile will briefly load (for just a couple of seconds) at startup then quickly go back to the default monitor settings. I don't have Adobe Gamma listed in my startup services.

If I had a peice of software that could just load up an ICC profile really quick, that seems to me like it would be the best solution. But I can't find anything. Also, using the Windows Vista Color Management Tool doesn't seem to actually let you switch between profiles, only look at ones that you have created before (which makes absolutely no sense to me).

Am I missing something here or has anybody heard of an ICC profile loader or some other peice of software that will let me switch between monitor profiles?!

• Administrators

Having not installed the CM software yet I am not positive, but every piece of hardware I've seen comes with LUT loader software that loads the profile at startup of the OS. If you don't have that it seems like maybe the software did not install correctly. Things are really not going well for your first go at color management it seems.

What's really bizarre is that it only happens sometimes. I just restarted my computer 5 times to try and recreate the problem so I could see if I could find a way to fix it, but it loaded properly every time. But I guarantee you that as soon as I get home and turn the computer back on, it won't load properly. Like I said, re-profiling the display gets it to work during that session so I guess carrying around the ColorMunki might be my best bet when I've got to work at home.

Gretag Macbeth used to freely distribute a little ap called displayprofile.exe that allowed you to do just that. You can't find it on their site anymore, but it's out there in multiple places on the net. Check out the attached ZIP.

When you run it, place it on a monitor click on the profile you a want and it will load it. As you drag it back and forth across different monitors it should switch the highlighted profile if everything is working right. Note that profiles have to be located in C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color for the program to see them.

• 4 months later...

Dear Brian,

thank you ever so much. This little app solved my problem as well.

Vista Home Premium 32 would not start if the Spyder3Express was installed after the first calibration with it. After uninstalling, I was left with a problem of how to load the profile Spyder3Express created during the calibration process, now that the Spyder3Express Utility was no longer available due to the uninstall.

Vista was not loading that profile automatically, even though it was set as a default.

Your post saved me.

Thanks again. :)