Help !!!!! I1 Display2 Calibration

quam

Hi there,

I have recently bought an i1 display2 to calibrate my Benq FP241W LCD's but when I try and calibrate them using imatch 3 software the white point is incredibly low around 1500k and my luminance is nowhere near the 120cd/m I set it at even if I set the brightness on my OSD to 100.

I am aiming for a profile with

6500k white point

2.2 gamma

120cd/m luminance

My system specs are

Windows 7 64bit OS

Nvidia GTX 285 with latest drivers

dual monitor setup consisting of two Benq FP241W

I dont know what im doing wrong but anyones help would be much appreciated

Please help me this is drving me insane

If you can't hit your brightness...... try cranking up all your RGB values together. In the individual color settings of your R G & B values are on the low end of a scale of 0-100, try putting them all up at 80, then see if you get the brightness you need. Once you get that set then get the RGB dialed in exactly to hit your 6500k.

I've had some older Dell monitors that cranked all the way up I couldn't hit the brightness I wanted, but for a brand new monitor it shouldn't be a problem.

• Administrators

I generally find 120 cd/m2 to be too high for proper calibration. I'm not sure why most presets set them this high. I'd aim for between 90-100. In general LCDs are Waaaay too bright. The NEC I have can go as high as around 450 which is almost enough to burn your retinas. That range is good for medical apps though.

How old is your display? If after following Brian's advise you still can't get it to work, I'd try it on another display to see if you can get it to calibrate properly. The i1 Display and/or the display could be faulty, so trying on another system would help rule that out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys sorry for the time taken for me to get back to you,

I have tried the i1 display on another LCD screen and also on a laptop both with the same problem no matter what my rgb values the white point value is around 1500k ive tried both presets and rgb controls and neither make any difference, the luminance issue is still there also. I ran a diagnostics check on the actual colorimeter and it passed everything was fine so I am at a loss I dont know what to do, does anyone have any ideas am I loking at a broken i1 display ?

my displays are only a few years old so I am pretty sure they are fine and not the problem as they are high end Benq FP241w's

many thanks again guys

• Administrators

Did you buy it used? I wonder if it was defective when you purchased it. You can still try XRITE. I contacted them about a i1 Pro I purchased second hand and they were ok with it. In the end I purchased another as the cost to repair it was almost as much as the new one.

yeah I think it was defective when I purchased it I think that its gonna cost me more hassle than its worth to repair it as I got it for around 50 GBP so to get it repaired is probably not going to be worth the cost or hassle, I'm going to open a case with the seller and see what happens