V-Ray reflection problems

Hi, I am trying to match CG objects to a background plate with 3DS Max & V-Ray using a HDR image for lighting & reflections. I want the CG objects to both reflect the environment and the surface they sit on. I created a plane object and assigned a vraymtlwrapper with the Background image as the base material.

The problem is that the CG objects appear to be transparent rather than reflecting the surface/ground. Is it possible for the cg objects to reflect the ground rather than appearing transparent and seeing through them to the background. It appears that the objects are just reflecting the background as an environment rather than a ground plate. I hope this is clear. I have attache an image showing you what I am tring to achieve.

Please see the attached images:

1, IBL with matte shadow.jpg showing the problem reflections

2, Environ. & Material settings.JPG

3, IBL Teapot.jpg showing an example of what I am trying to achieve. This was done with mental ray shaders.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter

Thanks for your reply John. The IBL map is set to spherical environment and that is ok. The problem is that the CG objects aren't reflecting the ground properly, the reflection is out of scale. I have attached 3No. images:

1st is a render with the matte activated and the reflections displaying in the CG objects

2nd with the matte deactivated so you can see the plan with the image assigned which is the background but not displaying

3rd shows the composited image with the incorrect reflections.

So what's happening is the map is assigned and not oriented or scaled to match the background. A uvw map modifier will just map the image on to the plane with the image aligned.

If you have any insight on this I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks,

Peter