fryrender illumination problem

mr.one

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with the lighting of a scene created in 3dmax! the problem is that I necessarily have to set the power of the lights at x1000, because otherwise (x1, x10, x100) the lights appear to be nearly extinguished. The problem should not be the scale of the project because the file is exported from 3dmax where I worked on a scale 1:1 , the measures should be correct.The sunlight instead seem to work correctly, so seems to be a problem related only to the emitter materials .

Pls help

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44713[/ATTACH]

Ok, this is one of the test of the scene! As you can see the light of the sun it's ok, but the artificial light ( spotlighits and stripes ) are too weak, and i've used 1 for f-number and 400 for the iso ( artificial lights at x1 ). That's the problem!with those sets this scene should be full of light, on the contrary the lights ( specially the stripes ) are too weak.

HELP PLS

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, mr.one.

First, if u have are 400 ISO, f-number 1, low shutter-speed, great light multipliers, and u still have are dark scene - its mean something wrong with units.

But!

Fryrender, i guess, have some balance or priority function.

If this is the case, then leaving the scene only artificial light, with one multiplies, you should see the correct strength of light.

Incidentally, if we do not see the sun, then try to use Plane with emitter, which greatly speed up the rendering time. You can only play around with the direction and strength.

Most often, in the interiors, my parameters are equal to 200 ISO, 6, shutter, and 13 F-stop (because I need more depth of field). This configuration is very light, so the question must be addressed elsewhere. (But I think the problem is the priority of the light sources, I had this problem when I put too much bright sun or "sun plane", then the remaining light is muted)

Edited by Anachoretes