Over the last few years my department has gradually taken on more of what I would call simulation (daylight analysis, access to views, solar PV studies, and some energy modeling) along with the typical visualization (rendering, animation, general awesomeness, etc.)

It looks like we may be adding a full time energy modeler to our group, and therefore the term "Visualization Department" doesn't really fit us anymore. I'm trying to find a better title for us then "Visualization/Simulation" or "Visualization/Analysis" so I thought I would throw it out to the gang here.

Any ideas?

I would suspect that anyone worthwhile will come from one of the engineering disciplines (environmental, electrical, architectural, etc)

There are significant legal ramifications to energy modeling so it really is more significant than visualization from a liability point of view. I would expect qualified candidates will come from electrical or architectural engineering programs or environmental design.

Yes, we would be looking for a qualified energy modeler with a proper education. I'm not quite sure what your point is though? If you are suggesting that simulation and visualization are unrelated because one has liability and the other doesn't, I respectfully disagree.

Hows about 'Anal-y-vis'.

As in "we're going to need a deep anal-y-vis on this building design".

It is short and snappy and has the added benefit of being light-hearted as it has the words 'deep'and 'anal' next to each other.

Edited by Tommy L