Where to get architectural plans for free to learn visualisation?

Guest piotrraczko

Guest piotrraczko

Hello everyone,

As in the topic. I'm learning Cinema 4D intensively, I have some experience by now. And I would very much like to get into 3D visualisation. But I don't have access to professional architectural plans as a reference to learn.

Can someone give me advice on how to get such plans, so that I can learn and use such made visualisations in my portfolio. Perhaps share done renders with the author of the plans. Or perhaps someone reading this post, an architect perhaps, has some free but complete plans to share. I would prefer digital, such as AutoCAD files or ArchiCAD or something of the sort.

All help and advice is welcome. I appreciate it.

Thanks.

Hi all. First post here. The OP raises an interesting question. I've always wondered if there is some sort of standardised virtual model somewhere of an idealised house - something that could be used as a benchmark or testing ground for all of the different CAD, BIM and simulation programs.

Not necessarily a large model (in terms of area or volume) but has everything modeled from spaces/zones down to the roof tiles.

If not, I'd almost be interested in contributing to one (although I'm a beginner myself). Anyone know of anything resembling this idea? Thanks

Hi all. First post here. The OP raises an interesting question. I've always wondered if there is some sort of standardised virtual model somewhere of an idealised house - something that could be used as a benchmark or testing ground for all of the different CAD, BIM and simulation programs.

Not necessarily a large model (in terms of area or volume) but has everything modeled from spaces/zones down to the roof tiles.

If not, I'd almost be interested in contributing to one (although I'm a beginner myself). Anyone know of anything resembling this idea? Thanks

It's not really what you mean, and it's by no means standardised, but most cg forums run competitions whereby they may supply a 3d model to the public for download... So if anyone is just after a nice clean model of a house to practice their lighting/materials/composition it's worth a crack. I know I've had some good practice myself through doing this.

• 1 month later...

Hey all,

finally getting round to a second post (!)

Stuart, that's a good idea. In the meatime, I've come across a tutorial on Lynda.com (Designing a House in Revit, by Brian Myers), so I might have a look at that as well. I remember Archicad used to come with a small, but very detailed model of a gatehouse, way back. The ideal thing would be something not so big or clunky in terms of file size, but demonstrating all of the software's tools at once.