raymundosuero

As with any purchase, what is it worth TO YOU? I had two years left with my undergrad in Architecture, as well as an advanced certificate in building information modeling, so I knew I would be spending a lot of time in 3D on the computer just with school, let alone work after that. To me it was worth every penny of the $90 I spent on it. What is it worth to you? It's not going to make or break you, but it certainly saves me a lot of time.

I tried their basic one, and it was good, but not something I got use to using every day. I felt I needed a 3rd hand to control it as I was constantly swapping from mouse to keyboard to navigator. Perhaps the more advanced versions with more programable buttons would be more useful.

I think it would be brilliant though for software like zbrush and mudbox, as you'd be able to quickly rotate the viewports and sculpt at the same time. I don't think it's essential at all though, and I've got stuff on my wish list well above a 3D mouse, that would be of more use to me.

Dean

I always wanted to try one. But I finally have a PC now with a nice graphics card and enough ram that it stable high-fps 3d navigation possible with just using a wheel-button mouse and hot-keys.

Cursor Key Walkthrough mode in 3DS Max, in combination with a mouse is like playing any FirstPersonShooter. And with the recent improvements in the Nitrous Viewport, I can even do passable realistic shaded real-time walkthroughs for clients sitting beside the desk.

Same with AutoCad; Using a wheel-button mouse and the [shift] key to orbit around a model is really quick and stable in 2014.

As said above, I also feel that I would need three hands to take full advantage of any of the 3dconnexion range.

Edited by daragrehan