Industry Standard Dimensions for Renderings

unrinoceronte

Hi, does anyone know which are the Standard Output DIMENSIONS or SIZE to deliver the most frequent type of Renderings to the client?

Myself i work like this:

Exterior Images: 3,500 pixels wide

Interior Images: 2,500 pixels wide

Billboard Images: 10,000 pixels wide (This has an extra charge for the job)

Most of the time i deliver the final images in a .JPG format to the client. Less often i deliver as .TIFF is they need an alpha channel...

Edited by unrinoceronte
Spell check

There simply is no "standard" dimensions. Every project is different, and depends entirely on how the image is going to be used...

For example you may have an A4 print at 600DPI, or you may be required to produce an 800x600 image for a website. It's all down to what the client wants. As for your billboard size, again it firstly depends on the size of the billboard and secondly on the DPI that they want it at - generally you don't need a 300 DPI, 3 meter wide billboard.

why would an external image be bigger than an internal?

industry standard is 5k

which is also about 300dpi when printed a3

of course it also all depends on how high res your textures and post work are

iv seen people rendering out 15k with blurry textures and trying to tell me its high resolution - yep high resolution mush mate

95perc. of my clients do not print their works, so any DPI(PPI..but,yes) isn't important for them. I use 4K in most literate form 3840px in width, to accomodate nice scaling down (50perc. downsampling does bring out nicer detail than random scaling) to current web formats, FullHD/HD. It's also gonna look glorious on upcoming 4K displays, I am eying myself the Asus one after Christmass. With perfect AA, anything higher that this is mostly meaningless, as the detail provided by render is already almost twice as sharp as best DSLR. Though it's cool to zoom-in and check out the detail, it's just mostly for fun.