Conference Room Television

I'm looking to upgrade our television in our conference room and was wondering if you guys had any ideas or experience with this. The TV we currently have is outdated and the images are often washed out. We mostly use the display when hooked up to a laptop (S-video) for presentation with clients and meetings with consultants. The problem is the colors on the TV don't match what we see on our computers, even after spending countless amounts of time messing with the picture settings.

Maybe there is an alternative to a television that I don't know about, like a glorified monitor or display... Needs to be wall mounted, and about 38"x61" which equals to about a 70" TV.

We also need cad drawings and black and white contrast to be top notch. Any help would be appreciated, I tried searching for this stuff on my own, but failed at finding the right words to search for in search engines.

S-Video carries a really poor and low res signal, compared to what you can have these days in an all digital system. Anything you buy now will be an upgrade.

You could go with a big HDTV with 1080P and HDMI inputs and if the computer has HDMI (or DVI or DisplayPort or Mini DisplayPort, which have easy adapter/cables) you're good to go. You can also get a high res projector with digital inputs. One that's fine in a dark room can be had for under $1000 easily. About $2000 will buy you a more powerful one with LED light source (for less heat) that can be used with the lights on if you also have a decent screen.

S-Video was great when the signal was an analog 480 line interlaced. You could get a great signal from your SVHS deck. Current digital TVs run at 1080 lines not interlaced. The difference is huge.

70" flat screen 1080P TVs are pretty common these days. You can get good ones in the $2000 range. Shop around a bit and if you go to Best Buy wear noise canceling headphones so the salesmen can't give you bad advice.

S Video - as noticed - is analog. Doesn't have the proper bandwidth to drive quality, high resolution signal to any modern HD panel.

Passable for VGA/SVGA projectors maybe, but that's it.

Get a HDMI or DVI equipeted TV.

Contrast will be pretty high with all modern plasma or LCD screens at this diagonal. Sometimes "too high".

How, direct digital connection doesn't mean things will be perfect...think a hardware color calibrator is the next logical step, should you wish to pursue proper matching between all the monitors/TVs/Panels/etc digital display devices in your office.