WebGL-based interior visualization with Oculus support

janwrobel

Hello,

I would like to share a link to a real-time visualization that our team created. It uses WebGL so can be viewed in a browser without plugins:

http://www.shapespark.com/formikodesign/old-brewery-apartment/

Any feedback is very welcome

cover.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Jan

looks great, this is exactly what i was looking for. Could you please let me know how did you do that? I would really appreciate if you can help me out, maybe step by step tutorial you know, or some advice? I'm 3D artist but do I need to know a lot about programming as well?

and last question, how can i change for example a painting on a wall in real time, is it possible?

thank you very much in advance

Nodar

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Nodar,

We are working on a tool that will allow to do such visualizations without programming knowledge, but it is not yet ready. At this moment if you wanted to do it by yourself, you would need to write quite a lot of custom JavaScript. We are using Three.js 3D library, but there are other alternatives like Babylon.js. You could also use a game engine, which could allow for less custom programming, although currently high-end game engines do not yet support WebGL.

As for realtime customizations. Our tool uses lightmaps, which allow for very realistic scene lighting but make it hard to change the scene in realtime. A lightmap is precomputed offline (similarly to static renders) and any change to the scene requires recomputation of the lightmap.