Howdy

kid

Hi all,

Been looking around for a few days, looks like a good place to learn stuff, and I like learning stuff. I might even be able to help others. I'm a current architecture student. I don't really like computers but I like what can be done with them so I'm doing what I can to learn - oh yeah and I want to be employable ;)

Anyway, here's my site - My Stuff

Most stuff is either school work or personal learning projects. The site itself was my second website ever, so it is very simple. I have done some freelance work but they were horrible bright gimmicky real estate type brochures so I didn't want to put my name to them - sorry if that sounds arrogant, I'm not.

Take care people.

[ June 01, 2002, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: kid ]

Kid,

You have a great base here to start from. I think I have seen some of your work at the Lighthouse; the Spanza Atrium & the Cathedral. What rendering system did you use for this? The racing auto looks very skilled in it’s rendering, again what software?

And I also have seen the test home on arso, Stefan Boeykens site, but I didn’t see your pic. Is it posted there? Are you a user of ArchiCAD?

Even funkified things like the 3 battered brick walls were an interesting study. Some other creative Architectural items also caught my eye. Looking FWD to future submissions.

Only neg on the site was the popup windows. But you did say that it is an old site.

Best,

Paul

Nice work on your site dude!

But all the new windows popping up are indeed not funny ...

Which grade are you in?

I'm a student too (first year) and I must say : "Your good!"

I love your results on the SPONZA Atrium!

I just don't get mine 'right' :(

Which renderer do you use?

My first results made with VIZ4 are here.

Looking forward to see other work from you! :)

What you don't like the pop-ups :confused:

I like looking at something then closing it, all the time having the parent menu open. Maybe I'll do the next site with frames or something...

Paul: Cheers. Sorry, don't use archicad, not a big fan of it. Do most of my modelling in Rhino. My image on Stefan's site can be found under the VirtuaLight section. The 3 battered brick walls? Are you refering to the 3 reddish box things surrounded by white box things? They are hollow towers clad with perforated Core-Ten steel (not structurally resolved), the two images after them are of their interiors. - loosely inspired from Pink Floyd: The Wall and various sculptural pieces by Richard Serra - yeah school project ;)

STRAT: Thanks. No mental Ray.

I use Vray, VirtuaLight, C4D, Max scanline, and have played around with Brazil and LS a little bit.

samp: Which year am I in? Um...well... 1st, 2nd, and 3rd ;) The last year or so I have been juggling school and working for a small arch firm, this year I'm mainly catching up with things. Next year I'm quitting work so I'll be pretty much a normal 3rd year student - minus the 3rd year subjects I'm doing now. Thanks for the kind words.