Photo resources for "audience people?"

Joel Gray

Hey guys,

Wondering if any of you have good photo references on the internet or in your personal photo collections of people at an outdoor concert, amphitheater style on the grass.?.? I have to work up two renderings matte painting style (little to no 3D) in a short time frame, not liking what I've found so far on the internet.

Your suggestions are much appreciated!

Joel

reading this, I just want to scream. This is such a difficult situation to deal with. No, nobody has anything for this. I have always just resorted to drawing the people by hand. That works fine for NPR, but otherwise, best to go take your own shots or grab photos off Google Image. The same problem for stadiums, indoor concert halls, etc.

Man, you weren't kidding Ernest. I'm having to add people in small groups and individually to accommodate the perspective, and it's still not perfect. I think I'm going to go NPR on this one to some degree; I don't have time to fuss with all the details.

I agree with George. It's a real pain in the ass, but searching google images and using the filters to weed out any low resolution shots can help.

It's all about being creative with your search terms otherwise you'll end up with tons of useless stock photography of people in odd poses. Try searching for actual festivals similar to the one you're trying to illustrate.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting follow up. So the project turned out ok, but the funny thing is I have another "arena" project in the works. 15 years without having to do a project like this and now I get two in the same month. Still haven't found any good resources for people though.