Unreal Engine 4 - Apartment in Izmor

Yahiya Jasem

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey awesome work mate. Loved the interactive options. Incredible. Just one question. How do you manage the textures (diffuse, spec etc.). Do you unwrap every object and render to texture which you later send to UE4 with models or is the workflow different?

Thanks and great job.

Thank you buddy, sorry for my late reply.. I unwrapped every single object in the scene, for diffuse and light maps, then I exported them all as a FBX, imported all objects in the engine then created the materials within the engine. there's no need to "render to texture" because the engine is pretty powerful within creating materials since it's PBR .. and it's getting better everyday, I hope I helped! thanks a lot again

• 1 month later...
Did you build your own blueprints for the interactive materials - cool menus!

Thanks Julian, Yes I built my own blueprints for everything.. visual scripting in UE4 is just amazing and really easy when you get used to it.

Most of the graphic design of the menus was actually inspired from another artist, I changed them now to be more unique :)

That's incredible!!

Congratulations!

I've done a walkthrough in unreal too, but it was a little shitty. How did you managed a scene with so much meshes? Hardware or you changed something in the scene settings?

Thank you so much buddy, I think that the existence of too much meshes is a mistake, it really killed my machine, there're +2 million polygon

It was my first attempt, I just unwrapped them without reducing the number of polygons. I'm working on new scene now for mobile

I reduced the number of polygons and created LOD groups, I think it's the way to manage large scenes

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Reyan,

Yes, everything were exported from 3ds Max as FBX files to UE4. I have to point out that most of the models are a premade models from Evermotion and others. I had to adjust the mapping and unwrap the models before exporting them