Twinmotion 2016 has been released today!

Have a glimpse of the new features: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL1eFi-tG9A

You can now download it on Twinmotion's website:

http://twinmotion.abvent.com/trial-version/

And for those who are especially interested in BIMmotion, our standalone viewer, you can now download and try some BIMmotion samples too:

http://twinmotion.abvent.com/bimmotion/

We wish you like it and don't forget to share your experiences with us!

Enjoy ;)

Tianxiao

KA-RA / Twinmotion

Edited by tianxiaowang1

Hi,

Were can I find information of Twinmotion usage with oculus Rift??

I been searching in your website and forum and I can't find the info.

Thanks

Hey Francisco

We saw your question in our forum too.

We are currently showing Twinmotion 2016 working on the Oculus Rift at the exhibition Batimat 2015.

So technically, Oculus Rift is supported. However, it has not been integrated into the 2016 version of Twinmotion. The main reason is that the Oculus SDK is evolving very quickly and requires several developments for each integration. For your information, we currently integrated the Oculus SDK version 0.8.0 (the latest verions at the present time).

We are planning to release the Oculus Rift support in the first update of Twinmotion.

Tianxiao

KA-RA / Twinmotion

Hi,

Were can I find information of Twinmotion usage with oculus Rift??

I been searching in your website and forum and I can't find the info.

Thanks

Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for your question.

Indeed, our website is updating now. Some information hasn't been put online yet. You could see that Twinmotion PRO version's licence price and update price is already there. More information about other version and services will be available soon. I'll keep you informed ;)

Tianxiao

KA-RA / Twinmotion

Some observations after trying the trial.

Generally I love the standalone player. It's far more user friendly than Lumion's implementation.

Also the material and layering system and the way you can add assets (people, cars, trees, etc) to the scene is better for handling large scenes.

BUT: when it comes to quality there is still some miles to go:

- Trees are ugly...too small leaves in particular and no realistic reaction to wind

- Sky is ugly.... no volumetric clouds and almost no interaction with the sun/light

- People are too dull: dark and dull colors, no customization

- There is no possibility to add a luminous value to materials (very important!!): you can add a glow value (with or without texture value) but this will make the material tend to white (and glowing) while you just want to enhance ALL colors. I do a lot of shopping centers with textured shopping windows and it is almost impossible to make the textured geometry stand out

- Reflection is additive which is unnatural: trying to make realistic water is nearly impossible. With additive reflection it is also impossible to make a white reflecting floor.

If these issues can be solved I would use TM on my current project, but as it is now Lumion just has a better visual feel...also in the interactive standalone!!

Edited by Trick

Jan,

I played with some 1M+ poly/100's of images scenes (imported from MAX over FBX) and TM didn't crash on me once and import was almost instantly. Nice touch is that you can chose all necessary FBX-files at once for import. Also it seems - although I did not investigate thoroughly - that more material values from MAX (glossiness, reflection, etc) are imported, which proves very useful with huge scenes and makes it a simple step from MAX to TM.

I think TM is a good choice if you want to send your clients virtual scenes: there is a walk mode with collision detection, choice for time of day, a popup for chosing camera views and the same for chosing project phase. These things are lacking in the Lumion Viewer. After this short test period I also think TM handles large scenes with lots of lights and textures better; I never had a program stress my GPU fans more than TM ;)