any way to force vray to stop rendering if cancel doesn't work?

stayinwonderland

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm currently having the same problem.

Don't know if this was solved in newer versions(I'm still using Max 2014 and Vray 2.40:D ), however everytime Max starts Autosaving when Light Cache is calculating(happens quite often actually), it goes forever and there is nothing I can do to stop it, except to kill Max entirely.

Unfortunately, hitting ESC to (supposedly)stop the Autosave doesn't help because it in fact tries to stop the LC calculation instead (VRay status window displays "Cancelled"), but off course, LC still goes on forever. Hitting "Cancel" in Render progress window does nothing.

Disabling the Autosave looks like the only way to solve this, which is unfortunate, because if Max crashes for any other reason, Autoback is usually the last resort. Since the scene file already has around 1GB, manual incremental saves would be, well, cumbersome to handle to say at least.

Also, until now I used several previous Max versions and never had any problems with Autoback. In fact, I'm pretty sure those older versions had Autosave running in the background because I never even noticed that something was saved. Another strange thing is that I didn't change anything with my Max or Vray for at least a year(i.e. didn't installed any upgrades, service packs etc.), finished several projects earlier and never encountered such problem.