Company Sunyat China‘s first try with Twinmotion

tianxiaowang1

Sunyat China has shared his first project did with Twinmotion. Time for the project was very limited, that's why they tried it in Twinmotion to test its speed for rendering and project visualization.

3D model created in SketchUp and saved in .skp format. Imported directly in Twinmotion, they did some very quick actions like: replacing materials by Twinmotion's materials in the library, adding vegetations, people and vehicles, placing camera etc. During which they have also modified their SketchUp model and replaced instantly the old one in Twinmotion. Rendering images are exported with videos.

From model import to video export, the whole process has taken this new user 2 days' work.

The video is far from perfect, it lacks details etc. But for a first try, it's not bad isn't it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3T9HHQZJJk

Tianxiao

Awful? Really..

Well, it's his first time to test this software and visualize the project between their team members. 2 days for learning to use a software and making a simple video with it, the result is not awful no? Let's say their next video could only be better. I'll put it in this thread too when they share with me other videos ;)

Tianxiao

So lucky to grow up near the sea! I have to take trains or drive hours to get to the sea..

Ok back to the point, you are right, the boats in his video stayed still, that's not normal at all. I guess he didn't use the lasted version of Twinmotion, because normally we have added boats animated, fountain animated. In his video, I saw the ugly fountain model imported directly from Sketchup

I don't think it was too awful for two days work. The things that were unacceptable from my point of view were the flickering materials, terrible camera angles, people popping up in the scene out of nowhere, and bad modeling. The last camera movement showing the overall undeveloped surrounding areas didn't help either. Something as undeveloped as this should stick to medium shots and not so closeup. These are all critiques of the work, not the software.