Missing Bitmaps

joshuaputz

Hi All,

PLEASE HELP! lol, for some reason whenever I merge max models into my project it looses the bitmaps. the material is there and its all named perfectly just says missing bitmap. it takes forever to search and find each and every missing map.

how can I fix this?

your help would be greatly appreciated

thanks Josh

• 6 years later...

Have you made sure that max is able to locate the folder the bitmaps are in?

You can customize paths for max: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2020/ENU/3DSMax-Customizing/files/GUID-BD426294-329E-48D2-AB34-8982E63E2FA0-htm.html

The bitmaps should be in one of the folders listed, if not try to add them and see if it solves the problem.

Hi Nicolai,

Thanks for your reply. I work in absolute paths, not relative paths, as the bitmaps are located on a mapped network drive. This drive contains thousands of assets and there associated bitmaps, for me to put the drive and it's subpaths under the customised paths for Max would significantly slow load speeds. 

I should add that the problem only occurs sometimes when merging max files into another max file. Tends to happen with some max files more than others, and re-trying to merge the same max file can sometimes work. Feels more like a bug than a problem with methodology.

• 2 months later...