FOREST PACK 4.3.7 & 3DSM Design 2015 - BITMAP MANAGER ERROR

Larissa Holderness

Getting this error whenever I try to use Forest Pack 4.3.7. Searched on Google for the answer as well as various forums. Can't find any answer. Tried uninstalling & reinstalling. Didn't help. I browsed to where the file full.bmp is located and it is there.

This is the only site I found that had 'some answer'.

http://forum.itoosoft.com/index.php?topic=1426.0c

Suggestions?

FRAKYOUFP.JPG

FULLBMP.JPG

Edited by digitalputty

• 4 months later...

Perhaps it will help :

Below the message i get from Moderators of Itoosoftware :

Hi,

It looks like, that for some reason paths to Forest Pack's assets (specifically the full.bmp Distribution Map) are missing / not properly mapped under your 3ds Max's configuration accessible by Customize - Configure User Paths - External files and stored in the 3dsmax.ini. The .ini file is located by default here:

C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\3dsmax\\enu\3dsmax.ini

Actually, it's not necessary to configure these paths manually. When Forest is loaded, it's checking if these paths exist and if not, all of them could be added automatically (the plug-in shows a warning message).

If you've marked previously the "Do not show this message again" check-box to disable that pop-up window, you can revert it to its default value (to pop-up) by setting the checkTexturePaths = 1 in the forestpack.ini configuration file located by default at:

C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\\ENU\en-US\plugcfg

Hope that helps.

Best regards,