Auto vertical tilt correction viewport problems

josephriehl

Hi All. Not much of an introduction post, but I can't seem to find a solution for this (or if it even exists).

I'm having an issue with the Auto Vertical Tilt Correction enabled in the Perspective Control rollout of the Physical Camera Settings. I'm using 3DS Max 2015 SP3 and Vray 3.4

When I have the Auto Vertical Tilt Correction Enabled, It will switch to a 2 point perspective, then switch back to 3 point, as if it updates to 3 Point when the "progressive render quality" function kicks in. Clicking in the viewport switches it back to 2 point temporarily, then it reverts again to a 3 point perspective over and over.

Is this a known bug? Is there a fix? Thanks.

• 8 months later...

I have been facing similar issue as whenever i wanted to change some parameters of positions of the camera, the vertical correction would get distorted, and it needed to be deactivated and activated again. After breaking my head over this issue for over half a year, i somehow have come to a conclusion that this only happens if my camera in question, is hidden. Whenever the camera is visible, this problem doesnt occur. Please do let me know if others are facing similar thing.

max 2016 vray 3.5 physical camera

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Separate issue, but I always found the auto tilt correct distorted the image. I now always keep the target same height as camera and use the shift function instead.

This is actually the way it´s done in architectural photography.

I find it disturbing that the so-called "tilt" has not much to do with the Tilt function of a real camera.

In real world the "tilt" feature of a lens is tilting the depth of field in reference to the image plane

• 5 weeks later...
This is actually the way it´s done in architectural photography.

I find it disturbing that the so-called "tilt" has not much to do with the Tilt function of a real camera.

In real world the "tilt" feature of a lens is tilting the depth of field in reference to the image plane

Not at all, but if you keep your depth of field low you will see this effect.

• 1 month later...
I have been facing similar issue as whenever i wanted to change some parameters of positions of the camera, the vertical correction would get distorted, and it needed to be deactivated and activated again. After breaking my head over this issue for over half a year, i somehow have come to a conclusion that this only happens if my camera in question, is hidden. Whenever the camera is visible, this problem doesnt occur. Please do let me know if others are facing similar thing.

max 2016 vray 3.5 physical camera

Thank you! Your solution worked for me.

• 3 years later...