Paper texture visualisations

nathanstocks

Hello everyone!

I'm kindly looking for insight on a type of visualisation for architectural renders.

It's like a grainy/paper texture effect that overall softens otherwise sharp, glossy renders for a more natural appearance.

Reference are attached but at not my own work.

I use Sketchup and a free render which outputs nice enough renders, but ofter over saturated and too crisp for my preference.

How would you achieve this?

Look forward to hearing from the community :)

Lynd-2a.jpg

161122-windlesham-lane.jpg

Photoshop.

Add a Saturation/ Hue adjustment layer over the your rendering. De- saturate the image below a little. Find an image of speckled paper and apply it as a new layer over the top and adjust the filter to overlay or screen and adjust it's opacity maybe, till you get what you are looking for.

Anyone else want to skin this cat?

1st one seems to have a little 3d like watercolor paper which you can get with the texturizer under the Texture filter.

Use sandstone - you can control the size and relief of the texture. Works great to create quick acoustical tile texture.

meow..............

1st one seems to have a little 3d like watercolor paper which you can get with the texturizer under the Texture filter.

Use sandstone - you can control the size and relief of the texture. Works great to create quick acoustical tile texture.

meow..............

Using the texturizer works fairly well. Overlaying a texture doesn't quite work due to the addition of colour (white) that washes everything out.

I'm going to see how I can add my own texture, too as the options are pretty limited.

The only difference I'd say from Thomas Denney response would be use a blend mode of multiply or any other that adds the darker levels to the image. Screen or overlay mode will add the 'white' values pushing the images values higher. I'd also make sure the paper texture has no saturation to it and then add an overall tone (if wanted) with an adjustment.