VR Easy for Archviz

aydinuluc1

We have just released VR Easy for Unity.

VR Easy is a Virtual Reality productivity and workflow toolset for Unity3D that enables architects, content developers, developers and engineers to quickly and naturally build their VR/AR applications through a simple drag&drop interface (using widgets), supporting all major HMD devices eg. Oculus, HTC Vive, Gear VR, Cardboard, Daydream and compatible with industry SDKs through a drag and drop interface and no programming skills required.

Some of the widgets: swap Objects/meshes materials, add Popup info, triggers, switches, play animation, video, grabbing and moving of objects with Vive Controllers.

We have lost of tutorials and new demo scenes are being built.

More info can be found here:

http://blog.avrworks.com

VR Easy in 3 Easy steps:

Aydin

Edited by aydinuluc1

• 4 weeks later...

According to this old thread it is/was possible: http://forums.cgarchitect.com/63085-embed-youtube-videos.html

We have been doing this for a long time and never had problems getting data from 3ds max/blender. We hardly do any baking in 3da max anymore to be honest. Especially since version 5 of Unity3d. Just unwrap, export using fbx and then everything else is done within Unity3d. If you know scripting this might be easy for you but not for lots of other people:)

Appreciate your feedback

I'm not explaining myself properly: The most common workflow for realtime archviz VR is going to be:

1. Create your environment in Max/V-Ray like we've always done for any architectural project. This includes all the wonderful shaders, lighting, and techniques we've come to know and love in order to deliver photorealistic renderings and animated films.

2. Take those building blocks and convert it for use in Unity/Unreal/Stingray/etc.

That is far from an easy workflow and is, quite frankly (especially for Unity and Unreal), an enormous amount of work with endless trial and error experimentation. No one has that kind of time in the real world of archviz deadlines. From what I've seen, AutoDesk is the only entity who's made even the smallest of attempts at making the workflow I described somewhat easier. They may fancy Stingray being a game engine to create games but we know that AutoDesk really has their eye on realtime VR for the archviz world.

If you are creating nothing but realtime VR experiences for archviz - and never have to bother with V-Ray renderings/films - it MIGHT be possible to get a fast workflow going with Unity. That's not how the business is being handled in every architecture and design firm I've been in contact with... Realtime VR isn't replacing photoreal deliverables; it's being used in conjunction with them.

Hope that helps!

• 4 months later...

I foresee in the near future a convergence between real-time and offline as workflows, shaders, materials, etc. will start to overlap more and more. Couple that with the advances in GPU rendering engines like Otoy Brigade blurring the line between offline rendering and real-time rendering.