3ds Max Vray 3.5 Toon line not working

Randy liddil

So I have a 3ds Max file where I'm rendering a plan view using Vray toon. I have a standard camera with "orthographic projection" turned on to render the plan view and Vray exposure in exposure control. The problem now is that when I render the plan view the Vray toon no longer shows up after updating to Vray 3.50.03.

Anyone know of a way to render a plan view with Vray toon in a Vray physical camera? there is no "orthographic projection" in the Vray camera.

Just noticed that since the new 3ds max has it's own "physical camera" there are a couple of things you can't do anymore.

1.) You can't use this script to make the camera render an Orthographic View (http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/vray-orthographic-rendering-camera-rig).

2.) You can't render any kind of elevation in 3ds max with a Vray Toon outline.

3.) You can no longer use a Standard Camera with Vray exposure control when trying to render a Vray Toon Line effect with the new Vray 3.5

Edited by liddil101

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Randy,

I'm able to use a standard camera in ortho mode with vray camera exposure and vray toon. I'm using Max 2016 with Vray 3.50.03.

I use pixels and not world in vraytoon parameter settings, maybe that's the issue?

vraytoon.jpg

Edited by shaunph78
added screenshot of settings