Unreal or Unity for Architectural Walk-through ? - Please Help

neil09

Hi Guys, I am a architectural 3D developer. Using 3D Studio Max I did lot of animation and stills for my client. Recently I am getting few requirements about real time walk-through so have to upgrade myself in that particular domain. So which game engine will be perfect suitable for Arc Viz real-time walk-through OR Lumion will be good enough .

Please help…

If you really want to do only walkthroughs and come more from the artist side i think Unreal would be the better option. You will be able to achieve good results earlier right out of the box and use a more artist oriented workflow for that. Unity is able to achieve the same visual output, but you have to go some extra mile to set the engine and the project up for this.

Using Lumion or Twinmotion you will be even quicker to produce the output, but of course you are more limited then in the possibilities and flexibility

Are you looking for quality or speed and easy to use?

At the moment Unreal has Unity beat because of the Data smith workflow. This allows more time to focus on quality and customization. If you're going for speed, as Josef Wienerroither mentioned, Lumion or Twinmotion will get the job done quick and easy. Just don't expect any of the control, customization or quality that you get from Unreal or Unity. It's why Lumion and Twinmotion are fast and easy to use in the first place.

• 9 months later...