Floor Generator + Multimaterial mapping problem

jameswhitaker

Hi,

I'm using the latest updates for 3DS Max 2020, Vray, Floor Generator and Multimaterial. My material for the floor is using a single multimaterial map node (with 20 maps fed into it). The multimaterial map feeds straight into the diffuse and is then modified with color correction and output nodes etc. for bump and reflection glossiness. The diffuse is mapping properly but the bump and/or glossiness are mapping based on the whole object rather than the individual elements. So the diffuse is looking right for each floorboard but the glossiness and/or bump is mapping to the entire floor rather than the individual board.

Has anyone else got this problem and discovered a work around?

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

It turned out that the problem was UVW mapping was affecting just the bump channel. The poly surface that I used floor generator on had UVW mapping which was effecting just the bump channel, but all other channels (diffuse and reflection glossiness), which are derived from the same maps, where being mapped correctly by the floor generator. I cleared the UVW mapping and collapsed to an editable poly before using floor generator again and this solved the problem.