New software release: Motiva Layama

Motiva .

LayamaLaunch.jpg

Everyone loves VR visualizations, but unfortunately, they have some major drawbacks: they need high-end devices and creating this kind of project is difficult and costly and after all, you still probably won't get the same quality.

In brief, real-time is expensive and not portable at all, that's why lots of people still use old fashioned 360 tours, they are cheap, lightweight and they retain the maximum quality you can achieve.

Motiva Layama closes that gap between 360s and VR by transforming your 3d projects into a pseudo-VR webpage, it keeps all the advantages of the 360s but includes a much natural navigation system, camera movements, in addition to this the creation of this projects is even much faster and easier than making that 360s.

Layama is not only a substitute to VR in some cases exporting your existing scenes from 3dsmax (Blender and C4D to come) but also a complement to your VR services since you can export your existing Unreal projects into Layama too.

Get the complete info at https://www.motivacg.com/layama

Any feedback is welcome!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I was just looking at this earlier in the week. Are the connections between panoramas created automatically or is that a manual process after the renderings are complete?

You have a complete set of video tutorials on the web page, all is made automatically.

I find it to be great, only if you can make it a bit faster so that it runs smoothly on low configuration ddevices.

It works even in very low end mobile devices, so it literally works everywhere

I have absolutely no idea what are you speaking about O_o I coded all from scratch but the 3dsmax scripts that were made by my colleague Alejandro.

As I said you have to mislead this with another project and it could be nice that you clarify this.

It one that sounds very like this.

It was widely known at the time.

The best of luck with the Software.

As I said we have no contact with other companies making something like this, also I get the idea in one conference I assisted as a speaker, also Jeff Mottle (CGArchitect CEO), after earing all the inconvenience that people had translating their 3d projects to Unreal, so people was still using old 360s.

Yes, I was the coder of MUS (Motiva Unreal Scene) that was rebranded as Project Nile when Epic Games acquired it and rebranded again to Datasmith when it was released as open beta.

Btw I had one idea maybe you have heard that story long time ago (about 10 years ago?) if so that's true, but we were the "other guys" the guys that were called for some meetings and the company that did that is a much bigger one than us (and no, it is not Autodesk, they are really nice people).

Thank you , I have been in the business a long time ,and always thought you got shafted, and was completely unfair.

That's the reason I brought it up.

Your talking to some who used Bryce and Strata 3D 26 years ago.

Ahh sorry, I've misunderstood you! Originally I was thinking that you heard that I've stolen the idea of Layama from other guys!

• 1 month later...

We been using this plugin and it works great for us, good job.

Now it would be very useful if in some way this could be viewed on devices such Oculus GO.

I read some place else that your guys didn't like that idea because of the possible nausea effect that the teleportation would create and I totally understand, but fading to black and showing the new image works very well wen I do something similar in Unreal.

BTW if you could link the camera rotation to the gyroscope of the cellphone/tablet it would be great.

We create many panoramas with Unreal and other apps and clients really like the effect to move around the tablet to look in to the scene.

Best luck.

• 1 month later...

I am really disappointed with this software. Are you sure it works with vrayphysical cameras? I have an unanswered support ticket for an interior scene that did not work. I just tried another scene of a simple tradeshow booth. Had to cancel as it was taking forever to render on a 24 core server. The views shown also seemed to be very far away from where the cameras were actually placed. Has anyone used this with vray5 physical cameras?

Hello George, my colleague Alejandro asked you for the scene but since you open two at the same time I think that he replied to the other one.

We are still trying to figure why it happens you your scene, and how to make a workaround for that, notice that it has nothing to do with Layama itself, if you place a cubic V-Ray 5 Camera on your scene it renders wrong, even without any Layama intervention.

Also if you try to make a new layama project in a scene made from scratch with V-Ray 5 it works perfectly so there is something in your scene what we didn't identify yet that is "breaking" V-Ray 5, once we find it we'll try to make a workaround and also we'll get in contact with ChaosGroup to solve it.

Regards, Víctor.

13 hours ago, George e Chianese said:

Thanks Victor. Are the camera's supposed to be set to cubic before running Layama plugin?

No, Layama creates its own V-Ray cube camera, the problem is that in your scene even if you create a new V-Ray cubic camera it doesn't render properly, we'll try testing per object to check if a geometry/material is causing this issue in V-Ray 5.

• 2 months later...
On 9/15/2020 at 1:13 PM, Amir Allam said:

how can open file index after export ?? . when i open by Microsoft edge i see black screen

Sorry for the late reply, anyway I think that you have open a ticket and it was replied inmediatly, most of the browsers do not allow you to open local files due security restrictions, currently Layama has integrated its own browser to open (only Layama created) offline files.