Perspective renders are much brighter than camera renders

JeremyRamsay

Hi, so it's in the title really, I'm using a Vray Physical Camera, of which I've set all the relevant settings, and I've got my lighting just right. Then when I go to a perspective view the lighting is massively increased and burns out the scene.

On a side point, through my camera render I can't see my environment sky through glass though in the burnt out perspective render I can, though this render is unusable obviously.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

From What I understand, You have setup the exposure to be directed per cameras.

This is the default behavior of Physical exposure. so you can have different cameras with different exposure values.

Now under the exposure window in Photographic exposure you can choose to do a master exposure value, then everything will render with the same exposure, even if you are not using a physical camera. That it seems be your case since you said camera and perspective correct?

If you are rendering an interior looking to the outside through a window, it is a normal behavior to have the exterior overexposed.

You can overwrite this by using a background overwrite or by matching your interior lighting to the outside lighting, for this you'll need to use very bright lights inside your room.

The perspective exposure now works thanks to you! thanks fella.

How the hell did you learn that, I never even knew that section was there?

Also I think my background issue was partly caused by having and HDRi in the Environment Background channel and then copied as a 'copy' to a dome light for the Gi so I could make changes to either individually. I'm sure I've done that before but I couldn't get them to work independent of each other this time. I was on for an hour trying everything but to no avail. To get a work around, I loaded a jpeg of the HDRi in the Environment channel, kept the HDRi in the Dome light but made it invisible.

Thanks again, big big help. Jez

Glad it worked for you.

I use V Ray and 3D Max for a long time so, a lot of experience.

Regarding the background, your solution was correct. When you use a dome light with an HDRI the brightness or intensity of the light and the texture will create your GI. You could use only the same HDRI in your 3D Max background and that will create GI too, but in my experience with Dome light, it works better.

Now if you would like to see the image and use the same image for lighting then the more flexible solution would be to separate, one for lighting other for background.

You could do the same inside the V Ray renderings settings, there are some background overwrites for that.

either way, it would produce the same effect.

Best luck.

• 2 years later...
On 3/1/2020 at 11:41 PM, Francisco Penaloza said:

From What I understand, You have setup the exposure to be directed per cameras.

This is the default behavior of Physical exposure. so you can have different cameras with different exposure values.

Now under the exposure window in Photographic exposure you can choose to do a master exposure value, then everything will render with the same exposure, even if you are not using a physical camera. That it seems be your case since you said camera and perspective correct?

If you are rendering an interior looking to the outside through a window, it is a normal behavior to have the exterior overexposed.

You can overwrite this by using a background overwrite or by matching your interior lighting to the outside lighting, for this you'll need to use very bright lights inside your room.

May you please tell me where can I find this " exposure window or Photographic Exposure " section ?